Monday, May 16, 2011

UPDATE: Bridge Count MMXI

YES

I am still counting bridges.

In fact, I am counting the shit out of bridges (eh hem, pardon the language)

It is tough work. I have to constantly be on my toes, counting toes. Do you realize how easily I fall asleep in cars?! Especially rocking Judyth down the highway during the 3:00pm slump?! Where are those Emerald Nuts when you need them?

I reached the 5000 bridge mark over the weekend. So: woo.

Counting bridges is exhausting, tedious, and entirely pointless-but I. AM. DOING. IT. Even on road trips to Athens, Georgia and beyond.

Here are a few pictures that I risked my life to take so as to document the bridge counting...

Here's a particularly sinister bridge that did not want to be counted...
As it tried its best to hide from view completely.
Main Street Bridge, not counted on this occasion; only because in this moment, I was not driving/walking/biking over it.
Off in the distance: the Fuller Warren Bridge, also not counted on this day. I drive over it most days. Some evenings the lights of the city seen from this bridge draw me in and try to take me over the side of said bridge. Luckily, I have resisted thus far...
View of the Acosta Bridge and a train bridge not yet travelled.
Atop the Acosta Bridge on a grueling bike ride.
Ok there are obviously more pictures to include, but I'm afraid that this is reaching a red flag point where I am giving the idea that Decadence is obsessed with bridges in an unhealthy way. She is not, promise.

She is however obsessed with counting and driving over bodies of water.

Happy bridge navigation, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment