With no better way to lay this out, here's an unnumbered list:
I get a lot of e-mails from build-a-bear workshop. I'm not exactly sure how they got my personal information, but I suspect foul play. Because of this foul-play, I am immediately apprised of any new product/animal/theme/special/color option/feature as it is coming in off of the truck.
![]() |
| This beach bunny may or may not be available... |
Thank you build-a-bear workshop. I will make sure to pass this pertinent information along to whoever I suspect signed me up for the pleasure of knowing your business.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lately I have been completely confused as to what day of the week and/or in the month that it actually is. This is not entirely unique in my life, but the occurrence of this has reached a new extreme-one that creates excitement followed by disappointment followed by a mix of anger, confusion and usually a fit of silent laughter.
For example, I woke this past Monday morning thinking time had advanced an entire week. I thought it was the 23rd and went into a bit of panicked excitement. A moment later I realized it was actually the 16th. An ease settled over me that I hadn't completely lost a week, but was then sad thinking that I was suddenly one more week away from summer vacation.
The following Wednesday brought the certainty that it was actually Friday. More excitement followed by disappointment. As for today, I have no idea what day it is.
This problem has been compounded by the stoppage of my watch battery.
My watch stopped Tuesday afternoon at 7 til 3. The realization of this took 4 and a half hours. These 4 and a half hours did not pass due to my not looking at the watch. I looked at my watch multiple times. Apparently every time I looked at my watch, I was just going through the motions of looking at my watch rather than actually registering what time it was. If I did register the time, I only went with the minute hand.
This came in handy for arriving just in time for happy hour (as I thought it was 7 til 7), but not so much when determining the time after the sun had set.
As the next few weeks pass, I am confident that my brain will continue to turn to mush (clearly it has progressed far in this process already).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I both fear and look forward to having time off this summer. Your benefit will be a much more active blog. My benefit will be an ever-expanding waistline and dwindling bank account.
Be forewarned: if you receive informational e-mails about the inner-workings of build-a-bear workshop, you are suspected of foul play.


No comments:
Post a Comment